As we wrap up another year, we at Trusted Knight are doing many of the same end-of-year activities as others: sending out holiday cards, winding down to spend time with friends and families, reflecting on our accomplishments and missteps over the past 12 months, and getting an early start on executing the 2017 plan. Trusted Knight Corporation turned five this year, but as I think back on the tremendous growth and expansion it feels as though all our efforts are just starting to take flight.
So indulge me as I look back and recall some of our highlights. Trusted Knight did so much in 2016 that should excite you whether you’re a new customer (thanks!) or just interested in the growth of a Cloud security start-up. I’m tempted to go on and on about our growth and successes, but I’ve been told that I can’t, so here are 5 feats that stood out:
1. Secured Series B Funding: In early 2016, Trusted Knight announced that we had successfully closed a Series B financing round. This funding enabled Trusted Knight to aggressively expand its sales and marketing efforts as we as broaden and accelerate product development.
2. Acquired Sentrix Cloud-DMZ technology: At the close of 2015, Trusted Knight was working on acquiring Sentrix and their Cloud-DMZ web security technology. Throughout the year, we worked to bring together the dynamic Cloud-DMZ technology with Trusted Knight’s unique approach to defeating crimeware for a modern approach to network and application security. Our customer’s validated the acquisition through new subscriptions and existing clients making long term commitments. We routinely demonstrated the strength of our offer by taking a completely different approach to protecting sensitive data and web applications against vulnerability exploits and DDoS attacks efficiently and securely.
3. Released a customer console: In August, we released our first generation customer console to give our customers 24/7 access to their Cloud-DMZ services. The first generation allows customers to get status updates on their web applications, show activity feeds to see traffic to their static and dynamic content, and to see how much traffic was blocked to critical web application systems. 2017 will see accelerated capability in the portal with feature functionality guidance often driven directly from our clients.
4. Became an AWS Advanced Security Partner: Trusted Knight has partnered with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to exclusively deliver our Cloud-DMZ technology, and throughout the year we worked towards the elite status of becoming an Advanced Security Partner. This distinction gives us incredible access to the Amazon network that we can in-turn pass along to our Cloud-DMZ customers who can confidently deploy a comprehensive Cloud security solution for their applications. Give Cloud-DMZ a try (for free!) before the end of January and we’ll enter you to win a PlayStation 4 Console and Virtual Reality Headset.
5. Launched European Operations: Over the summer, we announced a distribution agreement with Cloud Distribution based in the United Kingdom. Cloud Distribution was tasked with developing Trusted Knight’s presence in the UK and is currently recruiting cloud security focused partners to drive growth. Through Cloud Distribution we have been able to bring our cloud-delivered, easily-deployed and disruptive technologies to a new market while providing exception sales, service and marketing support.
We are looking forward to a happy and safe end to 2016 and look forward to continuing to expand on our technologies and grow with our customers’ security needs in 2017. Cheers